Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Picture. Memories. Utah.

I keep thinking about changing the picture I have up on this blog to another one. I have a good one in mind too. I haven't changed it because this picture is special to me. It was taken in Utah and my uncles John and Therman were there in the audience to hear and see me perform. That was the last time I saw my Uncle John before his dementia got really bad. I don't know if he would recognize me if he saw me today. He's living in a hospital like place and Therman and Janice go to see him often but I haven't been yet. I will go soon. I know it's going to hurt seeing him in there. Therman says that he's had some good days but I know the pain will be there when I see him. I must go though. My mom said his house sold. So much is different. I miss him. So many people in my family are or have had to live with dementia. It's always hard to see. It's one of the reasons I keep this blog. I don't know what will become of me but if I'm ever affected by dementia I would want to read about things in my life I may have forgotten. Just day to day things. I hope I don't get it. I really do. It scares me to think I could lose my mind one day. Who would be there to take care of me like I have and am taking care of so many others? That's a real thought that creeps in that stresses me when I let it. I'm not about to go down that hole right now. Just keep me in your prayers please.

No comments:

Post a Comment