Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Gratitude

I am thankful for this day. For this moment. This new day that has quietly crept in on me. This early early am. Thankful for Uraeus. For my mother, sister and for seeing both of them today. Thankful for my friends and family. For love and peace. I am thankful for peace and ease in my head. For not stressing even though I could stress if I let myself. I am thankful that I am not letting myself. I am thankful for a good shift at work last night. Thankful for love and understanding. For this blog where I can deposit my thoughts and let rivers flow. I am thankful for friends who reach out to me to check on me. I am thankful for the friends I reach out to to check on. I am thankful for being. Thankful for being alive. Thankful the depression is away from me right now. Thankful for poetry and art and stories. I am thankful for my community. For smiling. Yes, I am thankful for smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment