Sunday, August 12, 2018

Long Beach. Donny. Friends.

7:28pm. Los Angeles. Home.
I went to a poetry event in Long Beach today. Donny Jackson was one of the features and happens to also be one of my favorite poets. Win. Win. I went with LaLa. I'm glad we rode together because she and I have never really had one on one time before. Not like today. I enjoyed her company very much. And the poetry today made me want to come home and write. Now that I'm here in front of my computer, nothing poetic is coming out. Oh well.

Kooki was there also, and so was Derek and Kold Piece and October. The house was packed. I didn't know most of the people. And yes, it was literally in a house. One of those really cool houses downtown Long Beach. This one was on St. Louis off 7th St. The woman who owns it has events there once a month. I have never heard of her or the events before but I'm glad I went today.

No comments:

Post a Comment