Friday, August 10, 2018

New client. Poetry. Downtown.

I might have a new client. She called me yesterday but I couldn't talk because I was at work so we agreed to talk today. I'm always hesitant to take on new clients because I keep saying that the one I have is going to be my last. Well my last unless I need to take care of my mother or someone like that. But then someone else calls right when I need the money. I'll meet with the family and if it's a good fit I'll take it. I recognize what a commitment taking on a new client is. For most of my clients it is literally for the rest of their lives (however long or short). I really ask a lot of questions when I'm with the family at the initial meeting because I don't want to bail on them after we've already got a system down. Well, we'll see some time today.

Tonight I'm going to this poetry event at a restaurant downtown that Gia Scott-Heron is hosting. Pa told me about it. I'm meeting him there. He's so cool, he got me something for my birthday (already) and I'll get it when I see him tonight. I hope to have a good time. I like going to new spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment