Monday, August 6, 2018

Home. House. Palmdale.

7:16pm. Los Angeles. Home. 
I did some light running around this evening, mostly for food and water and now I'm back home. I had a good time last night though. I went to see Kooki  perform at The Mint. She was sooooo  good. She is usually good. I have never seen her do a whole set before, well outside of the CLI classroom. She was dope. She was funny, beautiful, her poems were...what's the word?...enticing. I'm glad I went and glad I stayed to the end. Everyone on the show was good. The performers were mostly from Our  Mic, a venue that Lady Basco used to run. Lady B actually hosted the event last night also. 

New news, well not really new but my mother found a house she wants. She has been looking to move for some time. The house is beautiful. It's in Palmdale near my aunt and uncle's place. I also have cousins who live around there. She wants me to move in with her. It's been her plan that one day I move in with her to take care of her. She's fine now but she wants me there for when she needs a caregiver. I'd love to take care of her. Uraeus wants to stay down here in L.A. I don't blame him. He will be twenty-one years old soon and he's ready to start experiencing life on his own. I'll still be there for him though as much as I can. I'm proud of him for getting started on his journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment