Friday, August 10, 2018

Another week. Long Beach. Happy.

12:18am. Los Angeles. Home.
Made it through another work shift and made it home. I spent last night in Long Beach at my mom's place because everyone there was out of town and it was easier to stay there since I had to work in Long Beach the next day. My shifts are getting harder and harder. She's getting weaker and weaker so I have to be in the room with her during the whole shift. Let's just say that some nights are better than others. Wednesday night was pretty rough. A lot of it has to do with how she talks to me. I take a lot of shit in the name of being respectful. I do have compassion for her though. I don't know how I would be in that situation. Living is serious business but dying ain't no joke either. I mean, we are all dying but to know that you're close to the end must fuck with your mind in some way. It has to.

But like I said I made it home and I'm happy to be here. I got paid last night and aside from the gas I put in the car and some food I bought all of it is going to the rent. I'm glad I have it though. Oh, my work week next week will be a day shorter because I'm taking off to go to Kooki's book release. I'm so proud of her and happy for her. She really did it! She got that novel done! I read the first half of the book and I am looking forward to reading the second half.

Damn I need a fucking shower. Later though. After I've slept a bit. I just took my meds and I'm about to knock out.

Love yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment