Friday, September 14, 2018

Home. Long Beach. Hurricane Florence.

Friday, September 14, 2018 9:14pm Los Angeles. Home.

Happy to be home. I love being home. I went down to Long Beach today and did some laundry at my sister's house. I was going to link up with LaLa to do an interview but we are going to reschedule that. So I wasn't as artsy as I had planned to be today. But that's ok. Tomorrow's a new day. I need to get my set together for the reading on Sunday "The women at the table." Crazy fun expected.

In other news, sending love to those in the path of Hurricane Florence. I pray for the homeless, the animals, those in jail (who they have no plans to move), for those who can't leave because they have no money and no way. I don't know how many have been killed so far but I'm praying.

So I know I'm jumping around a lot here, from LaLa to Hurricane Florence to whatever else I'm about to get into but that's what I do here. You know me by now. And if you don't know, welcome. I'm thinking about something I've recently talked about here and that is this idea of being easy with yourself. People say that often. Do people say that to you often? They say it to me. I know they're right but what does that really look like in real life? When I brought it up last time I didn't answer the question I just explored. What does it look like to be easy on yourself? Does it mean to let yourself off the hook for every wrong you do? It can't mean that. I certainly charge myself for when I am wrong but I'm a harsh judge. I judge myself more strongly than I judge other people. I think, if I have to answer the question, being easy on yourself is recognizing when you've done something wrong and owning it but not denying yourself good because of one mistake. It's also recognizing that a mistake happened but it wasn't your fault even if you were involved, like a rape for example. There are rape victims running around beating themselves up because an abuser raped them. They are blaming themselves for what they wore or that they were drunk or something like when really they aren't to blame.

I took my meds when I walked through the door and I'm over here yawning like nobody's business. Let me take my sleepy self to bed.

Love yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment