Thursday, September 13, 2018

Rough night. In her shoes. Home.

Thursday, September 13, 2018 Los Angeles. Home.

Just got in about fifteen minutes ago. It's weird that fifteen minutes ago was yesterday. Anyway. I had a simi rough night with my client. With much prayer I got through. The other thing that helps me get through my shift when she is being challenging is that I don't take it personal. It's not about me. Also I don't know what it's like to walk in her shoes or lie in her bed. It must be hard sometimes to know that sooner than later you're going to die. I mean, we all are going to die but to live in hospice care has to do something emotionally to a person. I try to be as easy as I can be. It doesn't mean that it's not hard on me sometimes and it doesn't mean that sometimes I fail miserably at not taking it personal. All that said, I'm glad I'm home now. I'm also glad I'm off Friday. I have a lot to catch up on and I plan to really get it done Friday.

I took my meds already and plan on resting well. I hope you get some good sleep too.

Love yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment