Saturday, September 8, 2018

Jessica's writing prompt

2. God sounds like love on a tin roof

God sound like nails
Reminding me
Over and over again
To love myself better
Clang clang
And I drink more water
Clang clang clang
And I take another walk

God sounds like cotton in my ears
I hear only what's inside
The clatter
The chatter
Then I count to a hundred
Squeak squeak
Then I say a little prayer
For me and for Aretha

God sounds like rain a dry concrete
My feet begging to go out to play
I slip on sandals and see what God has to say
God sounds like rain against the wind
Hitting my face
Slapping me into submission
God ain't never got to try so hard
I am already humble to her will




3. Nobody would ever know...

Nobody would ever know that now I celebrate a month free of thinking about killing myself
This is a lot for a woman with suicidal ideation
I spend days thinking of a master plan
I ignore the voices inside telling me how many will miss me
The damage I am doing to my family
Because there are other voices telling me that they are much better off without me
There are always voices
But I celebrate the good voices
The ones I know know better
I don't know how long I will be celebrating but I am now and that's what's important

No comments:

Post a Comment