Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Short stories. Picked up meds. V.

I don't know why I logged on here right now. I'm about to take a quick nap before my shift begins for tonight. I'm itching to start a new short story collection. I don't know what it will be about though. Either a collection of short stories or poetry. Who knows? Just glad some juices are flowing. I picked up my meds today like I promised myself I would. I don't sleep well without them. I didn't sleep well last night either. I rested ok if that makes sense but didn't really sleep sleep. I kinda stared at the clock most of the night. It doesn't surprise me that my sleep is off at night because of the schedule I've been keeping. Getting in super late and then still being a bit awake and not really ready to go to bed. I don't really get sleepy until about 8am. Then I sleep too late and my day is gone because I have to be on the freeway headed to Long Beach by 4pm or I'm late. The freeway is mad crowded at that time too so sometimes I go early and just go to my mom's house to rest for my shift. My Long Beach client lives right around the corner from my mom. She even knew my grandmother.

I saw V today. Whenever I go somewhere I usually call her to see if she wants a ride somewhere. I'm always glad when she says yes because I enjoy spending time with her. She rode with me to get my meds then I took her to Trader Joe's near the pharmacy. We have good conversations. I tell her things I don't tell anybody. Any body. V is a vault. My secrets are safe with her and hers are safe with me.

I just got distracted by Uraeus laughing at something he is looking at on his phone. I love to hear him laugh. I love to see him smile. That's one of the things that brings me joy and light. Last night or early this morning rather when I was trying to get to sleep I kept listing things and people that make me happy and hearing Uraeus laugh was high on the list. Even when he was a baby he had this magical laugh and beautiful smile. That's one of the things I remember about Richard, my mother's second husband (he passed away years ago), he used to say what a beautiful smile Uraeus had. I wish he could see him now all grown up. Well, not all grown up but grown up enough. He's tall with thick locks and full facial hair. Grown.

I didn't get around to reading today so I'll take Michelle's manuscript with me to work tonight. I'll have some time to read when my client goes to sleep. I also didn't get around to moping the floors or do any of the cleaning I wanted to do. In fact, the only cleaning that got done around here was Uraeus taking the trash out. I'll get to it tomorrow. My place is not dirty just not as clean as I like to keep it. It takes energy I don't always have to keep the place clean.

Oh, did I mention that I got another client? I think I did. I'm trying to pick up two more and then I'll hold off on accepting more. There are only seven days in a week and I almost have all of the filled with clients. I try to stay free on the weekends but when I'm offered work I rarely turn it down so that means working on the weekends too sometimes. In fact, the client I'm going to work for tonight her daughter just texted me and asked me to work the weekend. I haven't answered yet but my answer is going to be yes.

Mkay, let me get to the business of this nap.

Love yourselves.


































No comments:

Post a Comment