Sunday, September 16, 2018

Laura. Reading. Law & Order.

Sunday, September 16, 2018 10:25pm Los Angeles. Home.

Today Laura went with me to the reading at Hollywood Hotel. I'm so glad she did. She had a great time as I assumed she would. I had a great time too. I sold books and I think my set went over very well. I enjoyed listening to the other women perform also. I think my favorite poem of the night was Angela Aguirre's poem about her mother. About how strong and courageous and bold and street and brave she is. It made me want to meet her mother. Angela is a phenomenal woman herself so I'm sure her mother is fire.

After the reading Laura and I went back to her house and ate enchiladas and played with the dog, Misty and watched Law and Order. A good night. I have to be at work early in the morning with a new client so I came on home and Laura was getting sleepy.

So thankfully I'm home now and about to turn in. I got off the phone with my mother about twenty minutes ago. She was thinking about moving to Palmdale but now her house search has led her to a new city, Bakersfield, near our cousin. She didn't want to go quite that far out but the homes in Bakersfield are less expensive than the ones in Palmdale. At least the ones in a good neighborhood in Palmdale. Bakersfield is a little far out for me too but I want what she wants. She wants a house and I want that for her. If it means moving out there then I will do it. I am honestly thankful that I have my mother. So many of my friends don't. I lost my father in 2009 and let's just say I'll do what I can do to keep my mother happy and here.

Speaking of keeping her happy, she read my new poem Why I write that I posted on Facebook and it made her sad. I'm really sorry that it made her sad but I did feel the need to express my truth. She was sad about reading about the parts where I talked about being bipolar. I know that if she could take the disease away from me she would. But she can't. And there are parts of it I can only get out in my writing. I'm glad we got to talk about it.

Well, I gotta get up early tomorrow so I'm going to get some sleep now.

Love yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment