Saturday, September 8, 2018

CAAM. Hope. Edwin.

Saturday, September 8, 2018 12:43am. Los Angeles. Home.

I went out to CAAM (California African American Museum) yesterday. I was the moderator for a panel. The topic was Hope is the Chorus. It was giving by Tonya Ingram. I so love her. There were several poets who performed before the panel went up. I had an amazing time. Jessica went with me and she had a good time also. She called Riverdia who came out and Bridgette was also there. We all went out to Denny's afterward. Edwin Bodney performed and just blew me away as he usually does. Yessika Salgado also performed. She did something that made me want to go home immediately and just start writing. The first piece she did she said that I inspired that. I'm honored by that because that first piece was so good but that second piece where she talked about all she writes about and then goes on to list and talk about the things in her life she writes about. Whew! Talk about a writing prompt. Yes.

Also, I plan to get to the writing prompts that Jessica sent me. I don't think I will pay attention to the times though. I'll write what comes out for as long as it is coming out. And no, I didn't go to Venice Beach to take any pictures. The meds had me down today. I'm only supposed to take one of the Lorazapam pills but last night and the night before I took two. When I take two I get to sleep faster but it has me sleep all day. I mean, I could have gotten up if I just had to but I didn't have to so....
I was even going to go order some more books because I'm completely out and I didn't make it down to meet Camari at the Stage to do that. I'll meet her on Monday but I really have to be careful with those pills. I shouldn't even be taking them every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment