Friday, September 14, 2018

Home. Outside plans. Accidents.

Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:59pm Los Angeles. Home.

I am thankful for being home right now. I had an ok shift with my client. I don't work with her again until Tuesday. I send her love until then. Tomorrow I'm interviewing LaLa Deville. She's a poet on the L.A. scene and she has an interesting story. I'm always looking for an interesting story. I used to do interviews on this blog all the time and then for some reason I stopped. I don't think I intended to stop stop just...break. Well, the break is over. I asked her today and she said yes. I'll meet her at her place tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to doing something creative. I've been working as a caregiver for so many days in a row my body forgets that I'm an artist. Speaking of me being an artist, I'm featured again at the Hollywood Hotel in the Make room for black women show this Sunday. I was featured last month as well and had a crazy good time. I expect the same awesome energy to be in the house Sunday also. I don't know what pieces I'll do but I pray they bless someone there.

I plan to get up early tomorrow. I'm not promising a walk but I'm getting my butt out of bed. Maybe I'll post some art for sale on Facebook. It's been a minute since I've sold any art or even tried to. I'm feeling all fuzzy and creative and stuff right now. I love it. Love it with me please. At the same time I'm feeling creative the activist in me is angry about the murder of Botham Jean. Just when I feel like white folks can not possible out white folk themselves, they do. So this police officer, a woman "accidently" walks into the wrong apartment and shoots a black man who was doing nothing but minding his own business but she thought it was her apartment??? Can we pause for a minute. Fuck!
And as per usual they are trying to make him the criminal. They found marijuana in his apartment (like that means a damn thing). I can't with this world sometimes. Maybe I will take a walk in the morning after all.

Be safe out there loves.


No comments:

Post a Comment